The OPENING INDEX – Located in the centre.
The CHANGING INDEX – Located to the left Opening Index.
The OPENING INDEX is provided for normal dialing and opening.
The CHANGING INDEX is provided for use only when setting a new combination.
Turn the dial slowly and steadily. If, after turning the correct number of revolutions, any number is turned beyond the index, the entire series of combination numbers must be redialed. DO NOT TURN BACK TO REGAIN A PROPER ALIGNMENT WITH THE NUMBERS. Each time a selected number is aligned with the Opening Index, a revolution is counted.
TO UNLOCK ON A FACTORY SETTING
All 3-wheel combination locks are set on 20-30-40.
- Turn dial to the LEFT (anti-clockwise), stopping when “20” is aligned with the Opening Index, the FORTH time.
- Turn dial to the RIGHT (clockwise), stopping when “30” is aligned with the Opening Index, the THIRD time.
- Turn dial to the LEFT (anti-clockwise), stopping when “40” is aligned with the Opening Index, the SECOND time.
- Turn dial slowly to the RIGHT (clockwise) until the ‘zero’ number leaving the Opening Index and the dial is stop, so the combination key has been opened.
Turn dial to the LEFT (anti-clockwise) at least four full revolutions.
CHANGING TO A NEW COMBINATION
Select 3 sets of numbers of your own choice
Example : The combination 25-72-48.
DO NOT use any numbers between 0 and 20 for the last number. Further, it is not recommended to use numbers all ending in 0 or 5 (eg. 20-70-50) or numbers in a rising or falling sequence (eg. 17-32-68 or 99-64-22).
- Dial the existing combination as explained in paragraphs 1-2-3 above but align with the CHANGING INDEX.
- Hold the dial with the last number at the CHANGING INDEX and insert the Changing Key in the key hole in the back of the lock. Insert the key until the wing is entirely inside the lock and come to positive stop.
- Turn Changing Key one quarter turn in the clockwise direction. Leave the Changing Key in this position. Turn the dial to the LEFT (anti-clockwise), stopping when the FIRST number (25) of the newly selected combination aligns with the CHANGING INDEX the Fourth time.
- Turn dial to the RIGHT (clockwise), stopping when the SECOND number (72) is aligned with the CHANGING INDEX, the third time.
- Turn the dial to the LEFT (anti-clockwise), stopping when the THIRD number (48) is aligned with the CHANGING INDEX, the SECOND time. Holding the dial in this position, turn the changing key one quarter turn to the anti-clockwise direction. Remove the Changing Key. The new combination you have chosen is now set in the lock. In this example, it is 25-72-48.
- Before closing the door, try the new combination several times, using the Opening Index.
- Never insert the Changing Key in the lock when the lock cover is removed. Always be certain that the wing of the Changing Key is entirely within the lock before turning the key.
If an error has been made in the setting, we suggest you call our nearest agent.
For your security never use the combination figure given as example in this booklet.